The Department of Elementary Education prepares skilled, transformative educators to teach and become leaders in culturally and linguistically diverse schools. We guide and support educators to develop a pedagogy of caring and cultural responsiveness, and to teach for social justice and equity for children and their families. Our Multiple Subject Credential and Master of Arts programs provide current educational theories, innovative teaching practices, and guided field experiences in diverse schools. The curriculum in the MSC and M.A. graduate programs reflect the Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs) State Standards and Common Core Standards. The department’s Multiple Subject Credential, including the Bilingual Authorization Programs, certify candidates with their Preliminary Credential to teach in California schools. Our MA programs prepare educational leaders to transform learning environments to support all students’ success academically and socially.
2022 Summer Schedule
Monday - remote office hours - 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday - remote office hours - 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday - 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. & 3 - 6 p.m. remote office hours
Thursday - 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. & 3 - 6 p.m. remote office hours
Friday - remote office hours: 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Phone: (415) 338-7635
Programs We Offer
- Multiple Subject (Elementary School) Teaching Credential
- Bilingual Authorization in Spanish & Chinese (with Teaching Credential)
- M.A. in Education: Concentration in Early Childhood Education
- M.A. in Education: Concentration in Elementary Education
- M.A. in Education: Concentration in Mathematics Education
- Undergraduate Pathways and Education Minor